Bridges Electrical Solutions
(Revision Date: 3rd March 2019)
- All electrical installation work will
comply with BS7671: 2018 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- All electrical installation work will
comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- Where work is to extend or modify
existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of
the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
- Unless stated otherwise, all cables
will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc. Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in
trunking / conduit.
- Where carpet or flooring coverings may
require lifting to allow concealed installation work, no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However,
consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- All endeavours will be made to
undertake installation work to a clean standard, using dustsheets and vacuum cleaning equipment as necessary.
- The contract outlines the expected
duration of the installation work.
- Whilst undertaking the installation
work at the property, the client is required to provide water and power free of charge
- Clearing and / or moving of furniture
and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
- Except where detailed, builders work
is not included, except as outlined in 1d, e and f above.
- Re-decoration and final making good is
excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
- Removal from site and disposal of
rubble, fittings, wiring, materials, general waste and packaging is not included.
3. Extras and
- All extras and variations must be
agreed in writing prior to commencement.
- The costs quoted assume continuous and
unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
- Unless stated otherwise, the costs
quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 09:00 hours - 17:00 hours Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required outside these hours may attract out of hours premium
- Any additional work not covered in our
quoted costs will attract additional time charge rate of £40.00 per hour (standard working hours) or £60 per hour (outside of standard working hours), plus material costs.
- All figures quoted are valid for 30
days from the date of the quotation.
- Emergency callout work is charged at
£60.00 for the initial callout (including 1 hour labour). Each additional hour, or part thereof, is charged at £40.00 per hour (standard working hours) or £60 per hour (outside of standard working
hours), plus material costs.
5. Deviations from Building
Regulations and BS7671:
- All work where applicable, will be
executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations and BS7671 in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be
met. Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
6. Risk and Title of Goods and
- The risk in all goods supplied shall
pass to the Client upon delivery.
- All goods supplied shall remain
property of Bridges Electrical Solutions Ltd until all sums due have been paid in full.
- The client is responsible for ensuring
that the property is insured for the duration of the installation work.
- Bridges Electrical Solutions Ltd
warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by Bridges Electrical Solutions Ltd, physical damage
to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
- Unless agreed in writing payment in
full must be made on completion of the specified works to Bridges Electrical Solutions Ltd via Bank Transfer to the account specified on the invoice. Cash payments are accepted for minor works up to
a value of £200.
- Stage payments will be requested by
prior arrangement where planned works are priced at greater than £200. Bridges Electrical Solutions Ltd reserve the right to request from you stage payments in the instance where works take
longer than 5 days.
a) In the event of a dispute,
mediation is to be the preferred method of resolution.
Please call us on 01256 471853 or 07879 298008 or use our contact form.